Electricity constitutes one of the major sources of ignition involving fire accidents and explosives in the industry and building, which carries hazardous operation and materials. With electricity having become an indispensable part of our life, electrical risks are to be managed effectively.
In process industries, fires due to electrical reasons are very probable, especially in industries that handle flammable chemicals. In service industries such as information technology, telecommunications, business interruption losses due to electrical hazards (fire in server room, damage of expensive communication equipment, loss of data, fire in cable gallery, etc.) could be substantial.
Electrical Safety Audit will be carried out considering IS (Indian standard) guidelines, IE (Indian electricity) rules etc.
What you get with an Electrical Safety Audit?
- Preliminary review.
- Site survey and field measurements.
- Technical report.
OBJECTIVES OF THE SAFETY AUDIT
- Design, Install, implement and maintain facilities which control safety risks.
- Comply with statutory regulations and standards for controlling the risks.
- Train the personnel working at work place for safety aspects, safe behavior and effective use of equipment’s to avoid any incident/accident.
- Undertake reviews, analyze, evaluate and install optimum value available safety/ operational equipment’s for achieving the accident free operations economically.
- Comply with statutory regulations & regulation of OISD (Oil Industry Safety Directorate), Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, New Delhi for safe operation.
METHODOLOGY ADOPTED FOR ELECTRICAL SAFETY AUDI
- Pre-Audit & Coordination Meeting
- Pre-Audit Questionnaire
- Physical Inspection
- Conducting Test and Measurement
- Discussion with Safety & Electrical personnel
- Examination & Review of Records/ Document
- Draft Report Preparation
- Review Meeting with Management
- Final Report Submission